Author Topic: BATMAN BEGINS!  (Read 28364 times)

Peaches

• View Profile
BATMAN BEGINS!
« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2005, 08:21:30 pm »
Quote from: "Lazlo Falconi"
Every game was better than 7. With the possible exception of X-2, which I have yet to see/play.

Just what was so bad about 7?  I don't mean to start a Fanboy war, but with the exception of 1, the only really good ones in the series are 4-7.  The rest are merely above average RPGs.
img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v248/Superpeaches/Avatars/bangaio_sig.jpg[/img]

Jehuty

• View Profile
BATMAN BEGINS!
« Reply #61 on: July 27, 2005, 08:22:49 pm »
Thank you, Peaches. Finally, someone who agrees with me. *sniff* *sniff*

Lazlo Falconi

• Falconi?
    • View Profile
    • website
BATMAN BEGINS!
« Reply #62 on: July 27, 2005, 08:44:18 pm »
I never played many of the FF games. They all just seemed okay to me, except for 7.
Soon to be a major motion picture!

qualityretro.net

Pyche

• View Profile
    • http://www.pyche.tk
BATMAN BEGINS!
« Reply #63 on: July 28, 2005, 12:38:53 am »
I think the fact that... oh...8 years(!!!) after the initial game release, that it still has steam to make a movie out of it, plus several spin off games puts you in the minority dude... Me, personally, i think at IX, X and XI it started to really go downhill. IX i didn't bother to finish, X didn't even want to start, and when you get any MMORPG, it's just not worth it.

Lazlo Falconi

• Falconi?
    • View Profile
    • website
BATMAN BEGINS!
« Reply #64 on: July 28, 2005, 09:44:10 am »
Well, I didn't say that everyone knows what a bad game is.

qualityretro.net

Pyche

• View Profile
    • http://www.pyche.tk
BATMAN BEGINS!
« Reply #65 on: July 28, 2005, 10:35:13 am »
i'm afraid by the numbers you fit into that category...  :?

Lazlo Falconi

• Falconi?
    • View Profile
    • website
BATMAN BEGINS!
« Reply #66 on: July 28, 2005, 10:35:58 am »
I don't know what numbers you're talking about...

qualityretro.net

Peaches

• View Profile
BATMAN BEGINS!
« Reply #67 on: July 28, 2005, 01:52:31 pm »
I believe he's going off the post you made about not playing most of them.  Unfortunately I have no idea what point he's trying to make.  FF is just a case of brand name selling multiple sequels that aren't actually sequels.

Personally I don't want to even try playing any of the new ones.  I will admit to playing IX though, it was dorky and fun.  Horribly easy though.
img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v248/Superpeaches/Avatars/bangaio_sig.jpg[/img]

Tiger

• View Profile
BATMAN BEGINS!
« Reply #68 on: July 30, 2005, 09:38:05 pm »
I liked Final Fantasy:  The Spirits Within, but I know of approximately 0, give or take a few, people who feel the same.  Why don't you like it?  Was it because the CG wasn't as good as you wanted (it could have been better)?  Because it wasn't like an FF game (it wasn't in many ways, but was in some, and not just because they had a guy named Cid)?  I'm genuinely curious, but do please leave ignorant or dismissive comments at the door.  Alfred will take care of them for you.

Zaijian,
Tiger

Lazlo Falconi

• Falconi?
    • View Profile
    • website
BATMAN BEGINS!
« Reply #69 on: July 30, 2005, 09:41:44 pm »
I actually kind of liked it. The only thing I didn't like was the fact that they decided to slap the name Final Fantasy on it. I think that's the worst part of the games, and wish they'd just come up with a real name for once.

qualityretro.net

Tiger

• View Profile
BATMAN BEGINS!
« Reply #70 on: July 30, 2005, 09:44:35 pm »
I think Pyche's point, and correct me if I'm wrong, is that the Final Fantasy games are the most popular series of RPGs, period.  Other Squaresoft games aren't far behind.  Some people do play and buy the games out of "title loyalty" but of course if they weren't any good to them they would put it down.  Now, you can say that everyone who likes Final Fantasy is an ignorant moron, but whether they are or not, more people like those games than any other RPG game/series.  For me, I can see a pattern in many of the Final Fantasy games, but I still enjoyed them thoroughly.  Shakespeare might have done the same himself if he didn't use the EXACT same model every time, thus my attention is lost.  In any case, IN ADDITION to Final Fantasy I've enjoyed many many other RPGs in my time.  So... yeah I'm done.

Zaijian,
Tiger

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
BATMAN BEGINS!
« Reply #71 on: July 30, 2005, 10:28:27 pm »
Heh. Alfred is recieving all comments on FF: SW, is he? Well, let him recieve, minion to minion. MINION!
 :arrow: I read ya, SIR.
Use your normal voice, not a Vulture from Starcraft.
 :arrow: okay, fine. What do you want?
And cut hte peasent form Warcraft 2. You can't do that voice right, so you sound like an idiot.
 :arrow: well, FINE! Just say what you want!
Okay, okay. Don't wash the floor in testosterone now. Anyways, *hands slip of paper* read that aloud to Alfred there.
 :arrow: Okay. What voice should I use?
I suggest a Swedish stereotype accent.
 :arrow: Alright, I'll do that. *walkes over to Alfred,t hen reads out message with Swedish accent:
THE EVIL DUDES DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOU. THE EVIL DUDES DO NOT CARE ABOUT LIFE ITSELF. THE EVIL DUDES CARE ONLY ABOUT DORITOS AND KILLING. THE EVIL DUDES ARE GOING TO RUIN YOUR FUN WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT. IT IS FUTILE TO TRY AND STAND UP AGAINST THE EVIL DUDES. IF YOU DO NOT STAND IN THE WAY OF THE EVIL DUDES YOU MAY BE KILLED SECOND INSTEAD OF FIRST. THE EVIL DUDES ARE COOL. THE EVIL DUDES HAVE A SECRET BASE AND YOU DON'T. THE EVIL DUDES GET TO RIDE IN A HEAVILY ARMED TEDDY BEAR THAT CAN SHAPE SHIFT AND HAS BEEN DEEMED ILLEGAL BY THE GOVERNMENT WHILE YOU ALL RIDE IN YOUR CRAPPY-LOOKING STATION WAGONS. THE EVIL DUDES CAN DO ANYTHING. YOU CAN NOT DO ANYTHING BECAUSE THE EVIL DUDES DO NOT ALLOW YOU TO. THE COOKIES HAVE NOT GONE TO HERSHEY'S COOKIES N CREAM CANDY BARS. THEY HAVE GONE INTO THE PALMS OF THE EVIL DUDES. ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US IS A REALLY STUPID STATEMENT. THE EVIL DUDES HAVE KILLED THE MORON THAT ALLOWED THIS ACT OF PATHETIC TRANSLATION TO GET INTO THE FEEBLE MINDS OF ALL OTHERS BESIDES THE EVIL DUDES. THE EVIL DUDES MEAN EVERYTHING TO YOU. THE EVIL DUDES ARE THE SUGAR IN YOUR COFFEE. THE EVIL DUDES ARE THE BATTERIES IN YOUR VIBRATOR. THE EVIL DUDES PUT THE N IN NINTENDO. THE EVIL DUDES ARE COOL. YOU MAY NOT JOIN THE EVIL DUDES. THE EVIL DUDES DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH COMFY CHAIRS INSIDE THEIR MACHINES. THE EVIL DUDES DO NOT GIVE A FLYING **** IF THAT MAKES YOU UNHAPPY. THE EVIL DUDES LIKE TO SEE YOU UNHAPPY. THE EVIL DUDES ALREADY RULE THE WORLD. YOU DO NOT KNOW THIS BECAUSE YOU ARE STUPID. YOU COULD WALK OUTSIDE ONLY TO BE STEPPED ON. IF YOU WALK OUTSIDE THIS VERY MINUTE AND ARE NOT IMMEDIATELY KILLED IT IS BECAUSE YOU ARE LUCKY. DO NOT RALLY AGAINST THE EVIL DUDES. SUBMIT TO THE EVIL DUDES.
Alfred: *blinks*
 :arrow: Uhm.... Never mind.... *runs*

Lazlo Falconi

• Falconi?
    • View Profile
    • website
BATMAN BEGINS!
« Reply #72 on: July 30, 2005, 10:38:09 pm »
Uhm... what just happened?

qualityretro.net

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
BATMAN BEGINS!
« Reply #73 on: July 30, 2005, 10:41:23 pm »
I gave Minion a note to read, and he read it to Alfred. He read the note excellently, I'd say.

Lazlo Falconi

• Falconi?
    • View Profile
    • website
BATMAN BEGINS!
« Reply #74 on: July 30, 2005, 10:43:11 pm »
Ohohkay.

qualityretro.net