Author Topic: Stealth the movie  (Read 8311 times)

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
Stealth the movie
« on: August 04, 2005, 03:42:31 am »
There comes a time when movies that have almsot all computer generated effects get tedious and tiresome. They don't look good, you can tell they're computer, they aren't good 3D, and they jsut generally look like crap. I hate moments like that.

However, this is not one of those times.

THIS little gem here is a wonder among wonders. In simpler words:

THIS MOVIE FUCKING ROCKS!

I thought Batman was the best movie ever, and that opinion hasn't changed. However, Stealth has EASILy beaten the Incredibles/Spiderman 2 tie for second. Now they're fighting for third, cuz STEALTH FREAKING RULES! Hell, even my mom liked this movie, and she's not  tech buff at all.

IF IT'S GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY MOM, IT'S GOOD ENOUGH FOR THE LOT OF YE!

Have fun! See Stealth, or the owl will eat you! (not a good thing)

Superyoshi

• Guidance System
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://superyoshi.sheezyart.com
Stealth the movie
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2005, 08:00:12 am »
You mean Mr. Owl from those old Tootsie Roll commercials (What the hell happened to those)?

And yeah, Stealth looks pretty awesome.

Lazlo Falconi

• Falconi?
    • View Profile
    • website
Stealth the movie
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2005, 11:05:27 am »
When I first saw the previews before Batman, I knew this would either be awesome to the max or extremely medicore. I'll probably watch it tomorrow, as it doesn't look like it'll finish downloading any time before that.
Soon to be a major motion picture!

qualityretro.net

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
Stealth the movie
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2005, 12:22:30 pm »
I dunno, SY. I got he owl thing from Elgoonishshive, and he could have gotten it from anywhere.

And Lazlo, this movie is NOT mediocre. Not by any means. The trailers showed only about 2% of it's awesomeness. There is SO much more to the movie than fancy tricks and flying missiles.

Jehuty

• View Profile
Stealth the movie
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2005, 12:44:19 pm »
Speaking of the owl, does anyone know how many licks it takes to the center of a tootsie pop? Oh, and the movie is gonna be so cool!

KingSpider

• View Profile
    • http://s7.invisionfree.com/Evil_Trinity/index.php?act=idx
Stealth the movie
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2005, 03:09:50 pm »
Quote from: "Jehuty"
Speaking of the owl, does anyone know how many licks it takes to the center of a tootsie pop?

Yes. The exact number 1,378. No I'm not joking i actually waste dmy time doing this.
img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/kingspider/kssigthingyomfg3gq.png[/img]

Peaches

• View Profile
Stealth the movie
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2005, 03:59:32 pm »
Well, it would really vary depending on the person.  How much acidity their saliva has, if they have smaller or larger licks.  I'm sure someone could do it in under 1,000 licks easily.

edit: oh yeah/.  the movie, it looks mediocre to me.  I'm tired of hollywood failing horribly at making intelligent movies.  Remember I Robot?  *shudder*
img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v248/Superpeaches/Avatars/bangaio_sig.jpg[/img]

NeoCalculus

• View Profile
Stealth the movie
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2005, 04:16:44 pm »
I've seen the previews, and I still think it looks pretty bad, especially since they brought back Hal as the villain.  I've seen the preview and all I can say is ugh, a movie about a killer air plane, woopty freakin doo.  I might see it when it comes out on video.

For those of you who don't know, Hal is a talking robot eye ball that controlled a big space station in 2001 a Space Odyssy.  Hal was the bad guy.
Chainsaw hands and text based sigs for great justice.

Peaches

• View Profile
Stealth the movie
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2005, 04:20:12 pm »
Spoilers!!!!11

I wish I had a monolith. . .
img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v248/Superpeaches/Avatars/bangaio_sig.jpg[/img]

NeoCalculus

• View Profile
Stealth the movie
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2005, 04:25:00 pm »
Me too.  And a troop of mindless monkey men to dance around it for hours while I floated in space and tried to get that damn robot to open those pod bay doors.
Chainsaw hands and text based sigs for great justice.

Lazlo Falconi

• Falconi?
    • View Profile
    • website
Stealth the movie
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2005, 06:11:04 pm »
It took me 1,200-something...
Anyway, I need to watch 2001 again, I haven't seen that movie in years..
Soon to be a major motion picture!

qualityretro.net

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
Stealth the movie
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2005, 11:18:33 pm »
People, it's not as abd as you think. About half the movie is spent with the plane computer going haywire. Really, there's hardly as much emphasis as the trailers make it. And there's a lot of inner politics behind the computer, it's hard to explain, you JUST HAVE TO SEE THE AWESOME MOVIE!

Really, there is SO much the trailers don't show.

Tiger

• View Profile
Stealth the movie
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2005, 02:46:05 am »
This movie was created in response to the $1.75 billion dollars approved for research and develop of the United States of America's Class 1 -5 robotic army, to be submitted in burst over one decade.  Estimated time of the entire system's completion:  2025.  No, I'm not kidding.  Working protoypes of each class have already been developed, the Class 1 robots being the killtypes.  They move with bipedal rover treads, and are equipped with stabilization arms.  They use a trycloptic camera eye, and are armed with  special flares and an autogatling, at least right now.  The issue is that robots keep humans from losing lives, supposedly.  However it also makes war more of a game, and trusting machines with the lives of "friendly" or civilian humans, all based on some sort of programming or somehow giving the machines the ability to "think for themselves" is a scary thought to many people.  Machines don't need to eat or sleep, and if they die so what?  Some money down the drain, but that's cheaper than a life, some say.  More importantly, these machines, especially the killers, have to be able to decide who's friend and who's foe.  Not only that, but the Pentagon wants them to be autonomous, functioning in robot-only units, under the control of a single computer.  If you think that sounds like Skynet... well you're right it's the same basic idea.  If you think it sounds like a movie... well yeah it does, doesn't it.  Take five minutes to think hard about it and the moral possibilities/ramifications for both arguments shan't be lost on you, I'd hope.  Anyway, enjoy your thoughts.

Zaijian,
Tiger

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
Stealth the movie
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2005, 03:04:53 am »
I jsut think Artificial intelligence should be avoided unless the computer is given no power to kill or harm and can be manually shut off (not just a program to shit it down, like pull the plug thing)

But I jstu think we should make mechs, and all problems for war will be over, cuz whoever has the most mechs, wins.

Jehuty

• View Profile
Stealth the movie
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2005, 09:47:54 am »
Yeah. How many times have we seen computers and robots attempt to destroy the human race? The Matrix and Terminator movies were examples of that.