Author Topic: Go, DJ_SuperYoshi!!!  (Read 9217 times)

Jehuty

• View Profile
Go, DJ_SuperYoshi!!!
« on: September 01, 2005, 11:10:01 pm »
Yeah, I was browsing through the Newgrounds Audio Portal and whaddya know. I found this awesome remix of Bloody Tears from Castlevania 2. Done by none other than our very own SuperYoshi!!! W00t!!! Hooray!!! Good luck on being accepted at OCremix!!!

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/view.php?id=1199042&sub=31633

Lazlo Falconi

• Falconi?
    • View Profile
    • website
Go, DJ_SuperYoshi!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2005, 11:16:40 pm »
Heh, wow, news travels fast in a small community like this, huh? Did he put his ID3v2 tags in yet?
Soon to be a major motion picture!

qualityretro.net

Jehuty

• View Profile
Go, DJ_SuperYoshi!!!
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2005, 11:18:32 pm »
I dunno, but I shall leave my review of the song here, later. I need to listen to the song more, though.

Yaminomalex

• WHO TOOK MY KEY?
    • View Profile
    • http://yaminomalex.sheezyart.com
Go, DJ_SuperYoshi!!!
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2005, 10:36:32 am »
Are you sure it's the same SuperYoshi?

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
Go, DJ_SuperYoshi!!!
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2005, 12:34:13 pm »
*after waiting for the 20 minute download to finish, Swiftman double clicks on NG31633.mp3*

@_@

Our own lil' Superyoshi made this?

*sniffs and wipes tear from eye* Our boy grows up...... so fast....

Thumbs up, SY! Nice job!

Superyoshi

• Guidance System
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://superyoshi.sheezyart.com
Go, DJ_SuperYoshi!!!
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2005, 02:14:27 pm »
Oh, no it's definitley not me.  Same AIM screen name, same avatar (or what it used to be) and a link to my other NG profile with all my movies and such.  Nope, definitley not me.  ;)

Long story, but I'll tell you anyway.  See, it all started out when I was playing around on my emulator playing some good ol' SMB 3.  I recorded me playing the music with some instruments from the game and such and submitted it calling it a "Semi-Remix" on -SuperYoshi- (My real account).  I got banned from submitting music because it wasn't my own work (sort of)....so I made this DJ_SuperYoshi screen name to submit my new music.

Anyways, I'm surprised how people find this stuff out.  And yes, Lazlo, I DID put the Id3v2 tags and such in.  But NG Audio portal gets rid of them anyway so if you download it that's why they're different.  Anyways, thanks a bunch everyone.  Glad you all liked it!

neothe0ne

• View Profile
Go, DJ_SuperYoshi!!!
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2005, 04:55:36 pm »
You could probably do with changing some of the background music's pitch for the melody ;)  Some of the melody sounds "out of tune" because the background music sounds the same a lot of the time.. but great first remix!  I tried this kind of thing once before in ProTools on a Mac OS9, but it ran out of memory so much and I had crappy sound samples that I just gave up..
agerly anticipating:
Super Smash Bros. Revolution, Metroid Prime 3, Zelda: Twilight Princess, and last but not least, DDR SuperNOVA!