Author Topic: shorter x5&x6 songs  (Read 10393 times)

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
shorter x5&x6 songs
« on: March 02, 2005, 09:33:51 pm »
I was wondering. How come the mm x5 and x6 songs so long? You've looped them about a dozen times each song. I like longer songs, but it's not very dial-up friendly when I listen to them. Takes me an hour and a half.
Is there a possibility to have shorter versions? The average length of the x4 songs were a perfect length.

Thanks in advance.

protoman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • TPH
shorter x5&x6 songs
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2005, 04:31:31 pm »
yeah, iirc x4 was done at a different time from x5 and x6 ... when i was doing the latter two, i just took the track exactly as it was in the xa, instead of looping twice with a ten second fade like all the other xa stuff (rockman complete works stuff i just recently added, too). can redo x5 and x6 sometime to have the same two loop and fade as the rest, but the game boy stuff probably takes priority.

neothe0ne

• View Profile
shorter x5&x6 songs
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2005, 05:29:04 pm »
Oh, so you do XA rips of PlayStation games? SWEET :)

Can I send you my VBR 4 quality LAME 3.96.1 mp3s, looped twice with about a 7-8 second fade out each song, extracted from the XA files and resampled from the native 37khz to 44khz, for MMX5 and 6 and get credit? ;)
agerly anticipating:
Super Smash Bros. Revolution, Metroid Prime 3, Zelda: Twilight Princess, and last but not least, DDR SuperNOVA!

protoman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • TPH
shorter x5&x6 songs
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2005, 03:12:03 am »
the quality would have to be indistinguishable from mine (i.e. no more loss than mine have). of course, if yours are superior to mine, that would work, too.

do you want to upload them to an account on tph server or would you prefer to email them to me or something? the problem with emailing them is that gmail doesn't allow very large attachments to come through.

edit: also, i would rebrand all of the files with the tph standard id3 tags. you would be given credit on the actual games' pages as well as in the "comments" part of the id3 tag, e.g.:
http://www.protoman.com/ (ripped by neothe0ne)

neothe0ne

• View Profile
shorter x5&x6 songs
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2005, 05:40:48 pm »
I could upload them to one of my sbcglobal Yahoo briefcases, but it would be slow to upload to Yahoo, and then have them downloaded from Yahoo.  How would I upload to the tph server?

*edit*
I downloaded one file from MMX5 and MMX6 today and looked at them.  They're encoded in 160 constant bitrate, so the VBR mp3s ranging from 128-320 would generally be of better quality and be approximately the same size as the 160kbps mp3s if they were shortened to 2 loops.  Anyways, I noticed that the artist was Capcom and genre Mega Man X.  In my mp3s, I made the artist the 3 composers credited to MMX5 in the Rockman X1-6 soundtrack, and the genre Game.  I can change those if you want.
agerly anticipating:
Super Smash Bros. Revolution, Metroid Prime 3, Zelda: Twilight Princess, and last but not least, DDR SuperNOVA!

protoman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • TPH
shorter x5&x6 songs
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2005, 10:12:25 pm »
don't worry about it; i can handle the id3 tags. check in the x4 movies topic for more about ftp.