Author Topic: Newbie Suggestion/Question  (Read 10999 times)

Cosmosis45

• View Profile
Newbie Suggestion/Question
« on: October 20, 2005, 11:48:28 pm »
Hello all,

I just registered for the forum, and, indeed, never visited it before tonight--I know, I should have. I wanted to start by saying that TPH kicks SO MUCH ASS. It is so hard to find video game music, especially great game music like the Mega Man stuff, online in a non-remixed format, or even at all. This site rules for that, and I've mentioned it whenever video game music has come up in conversation with friends of mine who are Mega Man and/or video game fans.

Alright, now the suggestion. Maybe request would be a better way to describe it, but I'm new and unsure. Anyway... the music from the original Starfox on SNES was really good stuff. Could that maybe be put on the waiting list of music to do?

And finally, the question: I think I remember seeing music from Metroid Prime available on this site a long time ago, like way back before it was all bit torrent for a while. If I'm not imagining things, what happened to those files and/or why are they no longer available? And if I am imagining things, could Metroid Prime also be put on the list if it isn't there already?

I know I e-mailed these questions to protoman at the general website e-mail, but I realize now that this forum is really the more appropriate venue for this kind of thing. Sorry for the giant post ^^;;;;

Lazlo Falconi

• Falconi?
    • View Profile
    • website
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2005, 12:10:24 am »
Heya, welcome to TPH. I'll spare you the welcome speech for now, to keep you from getting confused. However, I have all the MP3s for the original Star Fox, as well as MP3s of Star Fox 64. I'll zip 'em up and send ya an email in a while.
Soon to be a major motion picture!

qualityretro.net

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2005, 12:13:22 am »
Cosmo, that's not a giant post. [I would post a link to Snowcraft if I cuold. heh. I actually exceeded TPH's character limit.... And it's set HIGH.]

But Starfox had wicked great music. Talk to Lazlo Falconi about it.

And welcome, to TPH......... The frontier of your soul........

Just remember this one sentence, and you will fare well here.

We are the Special ed gym class of the internet.

RAAAAAAANNNNNCH

Byte Man Zero

• Iron Byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2005, 02:55:20 pm »
Quote from: "Swiftman"

Dude, welcome.  The above was quoted for truth.  (Some more than others.)  Some would say that we ride the short bus to school.  That is, if I rode the bus.

I think I saw those Metroid files too, but I think they were Super Metroid.  Still rocked.  PM Protoman if you need to ask.

Welcome to the forum.  Be afraid.  Be very afraid.

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2005, 03:34:18 pm »
There USED to be Metroid Prime music here....... What happened to it, Iunno, though..... Is it still up, and I just haven't looked?

More than likely.

Draconis

• View Profile
    • Draconis Central
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2005, 03:44:17 pm »
Quote from: "Swiftman"

Durrrrrr, I like pie.

Welcome, I'm a smartass and proud of it.

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2005, 03:45:17 pm »
Draconis, n00b pwn3r extraordinaire.

Byte Man Zero

• Iron Byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2005, 04:07:45 pm »
Cosmosis, Don't say I didn't warn you.