Author Topic: UPDATE [2005.03.19]  (Read 24280 times)

protoman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • TPH
UPDATE [2005.03.19]
« on: March 19, 2005, 01:18:01 pm »
i will keep this fire burning

Seven years later, all the Game Boy games' music is finally available!

That's right ... it took me seven years to record all of it (I bought the games used in 1998), but last week, record all of it I finally did. (I even redid the first two games so that they would match!) Check them out now!

Just watch out for MMII ... that game has issues.

In other news, TPH contributor neothe0ne has graciously agreed to share his fantastic-quality recording of Super Smash Brothers Melee with us. Personally, I think this game is great ... and its music may be even greater! Go! Now!

More content coming very soon ... probably what I wasn't able to finish this week. Sorry about that!

- Protoman

edit: Oops! I forgot to mention that TPH Mega Man Radio is now fully up to date with all of the Mega Man music on the site, and I must say, it's quite an improvement. Check it out now!

neothe0ne

• View Profile
UPDATE [2005.03.19]
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2005, 01:22:23 pm »
lol.. my é symbols turned into Ž symbols on the webpage, which made the links broken.  I'd change them into regular e's, but until then, here are the proper links:

http://www.protoman.com/Music/SSBM_-_16_Pokémon_Stadium.mp3
http://www.protoman.com/Music/SSBM_-_17_Poké_Floats.mp3
agerly anticipating:
Super Smash Bros. Revolution, Metroid Prime 3, Zelda: Twilight Princess, and last but not least, DDR SuperNOVA!

protoman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • TPH
UPDATE [2005.03.19]
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2005, 01:26:35 pm »
bleh, stupid thing. that should be fixed now.

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
UPDATE [2005.03.19]
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2005, 09:41:29 pm »
Ohman, Ohman, Ohman, Ohman, Ohman, Ohman, Ohman, Ohman, OHMAN! You rock, dude! I know you get a lot of fanboyish comments everytime you add something, but Damn, man! ALL the gb games? AND mm 5 gb? Sugoi! Humina humina humina humina humina humnia humina hum-
*faints*

protoman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • TPH
UPDATE [2005.03.19]
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2005, 03:56:06 am »
hai, sugoi ne. ;)

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
UPDATE [2005.03.19]
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2005, 11:04:11 am »
actually, sugoi and whatever voices in power fighters are the only japanese I know.

I can't believe I wrote that whole comment with no copy/pasting. All hand typed.

protoman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • TPH
UPDATE [2005.03.19]
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2005, 11:29:04 am »
i can. the love for music can be a powerful thing. ;)

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
UPDATE [2005.03.19]
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2005, 05:29:57 pm »
Is there a site I can go to to learn Japanese? just to speak it or how to pronounce it, atleast. I learned in social today that learning to write jap could take years to learn.

neothe0ne

• View Profile
UPDATE [2005.03.19]
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2005, 05:37:51 pm »
Learning to write any asian language with characters can take years.  I wouldn't know how long it would take ot learn to speak it, as I'm Chinese, but..

Let's just say I'm one of many of those American-born Chinese who drop out of Chinese school due to lack of knowledge of how to read and write it ;)
agerly anticipating:
Super Smash Bros. Revolution, Metroid Prime 3, Zelda: Twilight Princess, and last but not least, DDR SuperNOVA!

protoman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • TPH
UPDATE [2005.03.19]
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2005, 07:23:04 pm »
hmm, none that i know of offhand. try googling for online japanese lessons or something. beware, though ... it's pretty hard, if only because it's so different from english. if you go in with an open mind, you should do fine though, i think. but yeah, the writing you will probably never get unless you dedicate part of your life to it.

Herb

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/djmichaelhrebenak
UPDATE [2005.03.19]
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2005, 09:07:28 pm »
What did you mean when you said Megaman II has issues?
img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a39/msheresy/nnotld.gif[/img]

"Being more than an hour late for your first day of work is a fucking power move. Let them know right from the start how you roll."

Superyoshi

• Guidance System
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://superyoshi.sheezyart.com
UPDATE [2005.03.19]
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2005, 09:41:40 pm »
Quote from: "Herb"
What did you mean when you said Megaman II has issues?

Well, the game DOES only take 15-20 minutes to beat with no effort whatsoever.  I can't believe I thought that game was hard when I got it years ago.

By the way, Protoman, THANK YOU SO MUCH for adding all the GB music finally!  And a very special thanks to neothe0ne for SSBM!  I only used to have a few tracks from the game.  Thanks so much!  That's got to be one of my favorite game soundtracks of all time, too.  Let's just say I'm a sucker for Orcheastrated game music and remixes. (and yes, I do have the Live album of SSBM XD)

protoman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • TPH
UPDATE [2005.03.19]
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2005, 07:18:11 am »
herb, i meant the music is definitely substandard compared to the rest of the series, and probably substandard to virtually all other games ever made. ;P

and superyoshi, you are quite welcome. i am also glad that i am finally done with those games. :)

neothe0ne

• View Profile
UPDATE [2005.03.19]
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2005, 03:17:22 pm »
lol.  It's always nice to be recognized....

I'm about done with a gamerip of TimeSplitters 2, but seeing as how TimeSplitters: Future Perfect came out today, it might have been a waste of time... but then, I haven't gotten the game yet and can't confirm that all the music from TS1 and 2 r in the third game.  I've categorized the music into four discs (TS2 story, TS2 multiplayer, misc, and TS1 story), but I'm missing a few tracks that aren't in the "sound test".

I'm also beginning work on a Soul Calibur II (GC) gamerip ;)  The OST has different music than the in-game versions.

*edit*
My Soul Calibur II disc just LOVES to skip!  I'm gonna attempt to exchange it at Best Buy, if I can find the receipt.... if not, then I'll upload the uninfected and very lightly infected files (a few songs have half-second skips, and one has a hiccup although there's no sound skipped...)
agerly anticipating:

neothe0ne

• View Profile
UPDATE [2005.03.19]
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2005, 06:11:22 pm »
rofl.. I was cleaning my Soul Calibur II disc with a circular motion ;).  That was exactly what the GameCube manual says NOT to do... I got it all mixed up.  Anyways, I started cleaning my disc the right way (outward motion from center out) and it seems to not like to skip anymore.  But then, I've only recorded one stage's music...

*edit*
Good news! :)  My proper cleaning of my Soul Calibur II disc seems to be successful.  I've recorded 5 tracks entirely without skips.  Or it might be because I downgraded from Sound Forge 8 to Sound Forge 7.0b (damn, Sony's new Sound Forge is MESSED UP).  In any case, expect it done by about.. two weeks from now ;).
agerly anticipating: