Author Topic: Are you gonna do the mm4 complete works?  (Read 26460 times)

Drinker

Are you gonna do the mm4 complete works?
« on: March 26, 2005, 07:59:05 pm »
IMO that was probably some of the greatest music (especially the remixed cossack stuff). If you are, take your time... If you don't plan on it, i've just lost all respect for you- jk jk.

DarkCloud

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2005, 11:24:50 am »
I could rip the soundtrack for Rockman Complete Works 4 for this site (bought the 1-6 box set)...

Just tell me what quality to encode the music in and where to send it.

protoman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • TPH
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2005, 06:07:12 pm »
the 1-6 box set of rockman complete works discs? i wasn't aware there was such a thing ... do you actually mean the 1-6 original nes music box set?

neothe0ne

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2005, 06:12:59 pm »
there isn't a complete works boxed set.  The Rockman 1-6 box set is the NES original music.  The 16-bit (Genesis) and 32-bit (PlayStation) rearrangements never had CD releases...
agerly anticipating:
Super Smash Bros. Revolution, Metroid Prime 3, Zelda: Twilight Princess, and last but not least, DDR SuperNOVA!

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2005, 12:31:43 pm »
err...no I meant I own the box set for Rockman Complete Works...the PS1 games.  It came with Rockman 1-6 and Megaman X7.

I was offering to convert the PSX audio from Rockman Complete Works 4 to mp3.

DarkCloud

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2005, 12:32:27 pm »
forgot to sign the message...meh

Herb

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/djmichaelhrebenak
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2005, 02:02:50 pm »
what else is there left to get in the Original series after mm4 Complete Works?
img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a39/msheresy/nnotld.gif[/img]

"Being more than an hour late for your first day of work is a fucking power move. Let them know right from the start how you roll."

neothe0ne

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2005, 02:34:04 pm »
Lol, that's a different story.  So Rockman Complete Works uses XA audio for everything?
agerly anticipating:
Super Smash Bros. Revolution, Metroid Prime 3, Zelda: Twilight Princess, and last but not least, DDR SuperNOVA!

protoman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • TPH
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2005, 06:24:11 pm »
weird. yeah, it does.

darkcloud, do you know how to use xaex to get the .xa files off the discs? if so, then this site could benefit from having the bgm.xa files from 4 as well as 6. i just lost the auction for 4 (got home 3 minutes late ... boy you would not have liked to have seen me then) so any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

if you need any help using xaex.exe in the psvideo package, just let me know. i will also give you an ftp account here at tph to upload the .xa files to. the ftp server supports resuming, so if you have an ftp client that supports it, that should make it easier for you.

neothe0ne

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2005, 06:28:07 pm »
Of course, if you've got the XA files, I'd love to make myself a lossless compression for my hard drive, too ;)  (you don't have to offer that to me, but if u do, that'd be grand)
agerly anticipating:

neothe0ne

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2005, 06:29:39 pm »
Whoa, hold on a minute.  Does that mean that Mega Man Anniversary Collection for PS2 also uses XA audio?
agerly anticipating:

DarkCloud

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2005, 09:23:59 pm »
Not sure if  the MMAC ports used XA audio but it wouldn't surprise me....it's not a PS1 exclusive format (some Saturn and PC titles used this in the past) and is an eadequate compression format in place of cdda.  Course even if they do they'll be packed in a console exclusive format so getting to them would be a chore.   :P

protoman: I have the XA files sitting on my HDD at this very moment.  As far as I can tell BGM.XA = Megaman 4/6 NES audio, BGM2.XA = Megaman 4/6 Arranged audio...Extra tracks used in the menus/credits (Bass's theme, Let the Wind Tell Him, etc) seem to be primarily found in BGM2.XA.

I'll register so that you can pm me the info for the ftp upload.

Also if you have interest in any other soundtracks let me know.  I have an audiorip for the Misadventures of Tron Bonne (Soundtrack was never released to my knowledge), Megaman Zero 1-3, Megaman Battle Network 1-3.  Tend to collect import game osts so may have some you'd be interested in for your MISC section as well (Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1-3).

DarkCloud

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2005, 09:33:56 pm »
And done.

protoman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • TPH
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2005, 06:51:23 pm »
castlevania: sotn has been requested many times. also, i have a pso ost disc, but it's only ep. 1 ... what all does yours include?

upload at will.