Author Topic: Some bad news from home.  (Read 8158 times)

Byte Man Zero

• Iron Byte
    • View Profile
Some bad news from home.
« on: November 09, 2005, 12:45:23 pm »
I just got this news last night because my dunb-ass mom thought I wouldn't care.  Bitch.

It seems that early Sun morning, while I was waiting to watch the Bengals destroy the Ravens, one of my aunt's best friends, and my friend, died in his sleep.  He had been struggling for some time with health issues, which I never asked him about because it would've been rude, but this last one was a situation the doctors completely overlooked.  I'm not too sure of the specifics, but apparently he had a stroke while sleeping, and since he lives alone, no one noticed until my aunt went to visit him Sun. afternoon.

He was a great man in his simplicity, never raised his voice in anger, always had logic and common sense about him to impart, and was a laugh machine when he thought of jokes.  After I lost my apartment in 2000, I gave him the bed I was using so he would have one.  He was always supportive, and would help out anyone if he had the means, and would find them help if he couldn't.

The world lost a true human being Sun., and a fine man.  He may not have been a saint, but he was closer than I will ever be.  I miss him already.

So here's to you, Jack, wherever you are. *Raises Coke 20 oz. to the sky*  Hope we meet again someday!  {This was typed while being spoken.}

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
Some bad news from home.
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2005, 12:49:47 pm »
Jack, was it?

I'm sorry I didn't get to know you. From what Byte says, you were an excellent person, far better than many others in terms of kindness and generosity. I knew you not, but your legend lives on in those that loved you.

You are in a better place now, a place without sin and crime and things like that. Much better than this floating hunk of rock that you were on previous to Sunday.

*holds up a 20 oz coke to the sky, copying Byte* Here is to you Jack. I hope to meet you someday. Until then, I drink to you. *drinks from coke*

Byte Man Zero

• Iron Byte
    • View Profile
Some bad news from home.
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2005, 01:16:32 pm »
Thanx, dude.  You don't know how much I am going to miss him.  If the position of surrogate (or adopted, for that matter) father were not off limits because of my uncle, he would've been it.  Man, I must've actually cried in my sleep or something, 'cause I woke up and my throat hurt!

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
Some bad news from home.
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2005, 01:18:42 pm »
I've had that happen.... Truly, I can't blame you. The one man that was a true inspiration to me as a father, as in how to raise a kid kind of way, died some years ago. *sighs* Poor Kieth Albers.... A great man indeed...

Monkeydog

• View Profile
    • http://monkeypro.net
Some bad news from home.
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2005, 01:19:51 pm »
Sorry Byte, that seems sucky. It always sucks to lose someone so close to you, so quickly. Hope you cheer up, soon.

He sounded like a great man, too bad we never got to meet him. =/

jv2k

• View Profile
Some bad news from home.
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2005, 02:23:28 pm »
Man thats gotta suck, I'm sorry for your loss. At least hes in a better place, not having to suffer from his health issues anymore.
quote="kefka"] < had sex with a lepper, got a burning sensation around the scrotom followed by erosion and itching.[/quote]
JOIN THE SITE OR PONIES WILL EAT YOUR FLESH!!

Lazlo Falconi

• Falconi?
    • View Profile
    • website
Some bad news from home.
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2005, 02:33:43 pm »
Ahh, sorry to hear that... I can't offer you any words of advice, and I cannot say anything that will make you feel better, but I'm always willing to stand here if you want to yell at someone.
Soon to be a major motion picture!

qualityretro.net

NeoCalculus

• View Profile
Some bad news from home.
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2005, 04:26:57 pm »
I don't understand why people are saying that it sucks that you lost him.  That is most definately not something I would say.

What I would say is that you were lucky, lucky that there was someone that great in your life.  It always seems like the best people in this world leave us too soon, but the fact that they were here, impacting people's lives in a way that no one will ever forget, is more than worth it.

I understand how you feel and you have my sympathy.  Don't think of death as the end, for his memory will live on forever in the hearts of those who loved him.
Chainsaw hands and text based sigs for great justice.

Byte Man Zero

• Iron Byte
    • View Profile
Some bad news from home.
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2005, 04:33:16 pm »
So true, Skully, so true...