Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 119298 times)

Yaminomalex

• WHO TOOK MY KEY?
    • View Profile
    • http://yaminomalex.sheezyart.com
What are you playing?
« Reply #105 on: August 09, 2006, 07:38:04 pm »
Not of all of the music was that bad. The drums do SUCKASS, though. Nintendo seems to get horny every time some asshole wants to change shit for a goddamn remake, though.

I just played Time Crisisijidjsjdisjdissis 4 today. It was fucking awesome and shit. Some new features, are annoying, but the game is great.

Also GERONIMOOOOO-OH MY GOD.

Superyoshi

• Guidance System
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://superyoshi.sheezyart.com
What are you playing?
« Reply #106 on: August 09, 2006, 08:16:37 pm »
Quote from: "Swiftman"
I would love to see Blue/red redone to the same control scheme and interface+graphics of Silver/Gold. I loved Silver for the ease-of-use and stuff, but the only pokemon I like are the original ones in Blue/Red. [Charmander>Cyndaquil]

Kanto Region in Gold/Silver (Gold and Silver graphics [RLY?], but contains Gold and Silver Pokemon)

OR:

The main portion of Fire Red and Leaf Green (Same Pokemon from Red and Blue, no other Pokemon here until after the Unkown Dungeon, but with Ruby and Sapphire styled graphics)

Pick your poison.

I don't know what you're talking about with the interface, it gets better in each game.  You can still use select for a shortcut to an item (IE: The bike) and just press A to surf/cut/whatever instead of going to the Pokemon Menu.  Among other things...

Lazlo Falconi

• Falconi?
    • View Profile
    • website
What are you playing?
« Reply #107 on: August 09, 2006, 11:03:40 pm »
Quote from: "Lazlo Falconi"
I just haven't cared for Pokemon since I lost my save file on Silver =(

We ALL lost our saves.  Except for some very lucky ones.  Read all about it:
Quote from: "WIKIPEDIA AKA CREDIBLE SOURCE LOL"
However, the battery used to power the clock is not rechargeable, and so the battery will inevitably fail and the save file will either be deleted or corrupted. Many players have already reported the battery failing.

Yeah, but it went down like this: I had just gotten the eighth badge, and was on my way to the Elite Four, when I had to stop playing. So I saved, and when I came back, it was gone. I was right there. I could already start walking around in Kanto. Since then, I just haven't had the will to do it again. Even though I liked the game, and I didn't even mind the new pokemon. Besides, the battery fails in every game. Fact of life. But it doesn't have to happen so soon. Boo on Nintendo for that.

But yeah, I did like most of the interface for Sapphire, even though I hated the idea of contests and the Pokenav. Kudos for trying to do something new, though. I may still buy FireRed (And get LeafGreen for my little sister that none of you know) but not until it's insanely cheap, and I begin to not feel insulted by that memory "feature"

Or maybe I'll look around and dig up Silver.
Soon to be a major motion picture!

qualityretro.net

Superyoshi

• Guidance System
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
What are you playing?
« Reply #108 on: August 10, 2006, 09:50:39 am »
Yeah, I tried doing that "I'll buy it when it gets cheaper" thing, too.  It ain't gonna happen.  Sapphire and Ruby have been out for over three years now and they're still $35, as are Fire Red and Leaf Green.

And another thing.  When I mentioned the Gold/Silver battery failing, I meant it dies after about 6 years.  Completley dead, as in you'll never be able to save another game again.

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
What are you playing?
« Reply #109 on: August 10, 2006, 04:06:40 pm »
Hm, both my Blue and Silver batteries are working fine, and I don't know how old those cartridges are [lol second-hand]

Superyoshi

• Guidance System
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
What are you playing?
« Reply #110 on: August 10, 2006, 04:33:42 pm »
Quote from: "Swiftman"
Hm, both my Blue and Silver batteries are working fine, and I don't know how old those cartridges are [lol second-hand]

Blue should work fine, it's the clock that raped the battery of Gold and Silver.  Cherish the ability to save while you can, because mine, Yamino's, Retro's, and a bunch of other people's batteries are long gone.  Hell, I've bought two used copies of Gold and they're not working.

Lazlo Falconi

• Falconi?
    • View Profile
    • website
What are you playing?
« Reply #111 on: August 10, 2006, 06:34:14 pm »
Quote from: "Superyoshi"

And another thing.  When I mentioned the Gold/Silver battery failing, I meant it dies after about 6 years.  Completley dead, as in you'll never be able to save another game again.

That's interesting. I don't know if mine completely died, but it was brand new, not more than a month old when this happened. Besides, six years is quite long enough that I probably wouldn't even care, because I'd have been long done with the game.
Soon to be a major motion picture!

qualityretro.net

Superyoshi

• Guidance System
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
What are you playing?
« Reply #112 on: August 10, 2006, 06:46:37 pm »
Quote from: "Lazlo Falconi"
Quote from: "Superyoshi"

That's interesting. I don't know if mine completely died, but it was brand new, not more than a month old when this happened. Besides, six years is quite long enough that I probably wouldn't even care, because I'd have been long done with the game.

Well it sure is a pain in the ass when you're trying to find a used  working copy of it.

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
What are you playing?
« Reply #113 on: August 10, 2006, 08:14:03 pm »
Anyone want my copy of Silver? It still works and all.... I used to use it for a timepiece all the time... then I went on stomach clock for a while, and now with my DS, I just use it.

RetroJape

• View Profile
What are you playing?
« Reply #114 on: August 10, 2006, 09:18:20 pm »
Another option would be to buy Pokemon Crystal, which is basically Gold and Silver. I'm not sure how long that would last, though.

Yaminomalex

• WHO TOOK MY KEY?
    • View Profile
    • http://yaminomalex.sheezyart.com
What are you playing?
« Reply #115 on: August 13, 2006, 10:25:54 am »
My Gold died last week, Silver a long ass time ago.

My Crystal still works fine, though. I probably should beat all the gyms, before it died, though. =(

Oh, and Laz I understand your complaints about Fire Red and Leaf Green. The problem isn't GameFreak/Nintendo, but rather this generation of videogamers. I'm sure most of us on this forum are children of the late 80's or the early 90's. Back then, we were used to playing games in black and white, beating it in one setting, etc etc abc 123, XTC.  We have have respect for NES, SNES, Game Boy, Genesis, Master System, and other because we were raised on that crap. Most kids in this generation are well, faggots. Of course there are exceptions, but I'm sure the bulk of you are aware of what I am hinting at. I'm mostly just talking about them blabbing little kids you see at Gamestop, EB Games, Best Buy, or wherever bideo gaymz are sold.

For what I have seen, Anime, voice acting, disks and battery backup, have had a huge impact on this age group. I've  seen this nonsense many times in real life, it's so annoying. When I was visiting one of my cousins last week in Penn. who claims she's a big fan of Sonic, I started asking her what her favorite game in the series was. She said Sonic Adventue, because "it was the frist one." What followed was lots and lots bitching about how the old Sonic games suck because

Reason 1. They got "Eggman's" name wrong. Quoth the Retro, MY FUL NMAE IZ DOCTOR IVO RRRRRRRRRROBOTNIK.
Reason 2. There charactersdon't have an anime look to them.
Reason 3. The music isn't hip-hop, it's all "boingy stuff".
Reason 4. THEY ARE GAY BECAUSE YOU CAN'T SAVE. I MEAN IT. LITERALLY, THEY ARE GAY.
Reason 5. The smexy emo crybaby pussy Shadow isn't in them. ):
Reason 5 II. THEY DON'T EVEN EXSIST BECAUSE TOYS R US DOSEN'T SELL THEM.

There were some others that I talked to SuperYoshi about, but I think I mad my point. Also, most kids nowadays have short attention spans. My brothers' very retarded friend Mike was complaning about me playing Mega Man 5, because 'the grapphics were bad and the sound was annoyingm, and there was no Navi's"

The thing is, Nintendo/Gamefreak has to accomidate (SP?, sorry, this computer has no spell check, and I'm typing on an onscreen keyboard because the real one is broken) these ungrateful assholes, because they have to appeal a game to a whole new generation that is used to anime, cutness, color and so on. If they didn't not many people would buy the game, because they are too used to all the luxuries we have nowadays.

The thing is most of us know that a game doesn't need all those fancy pants features to be a good game. A good game just has a certain little thing to it that makes it imposible to put down. Most kids in the late 90's and 2000's just don't understand this crap at all.

Also, square waves for the win.

Herb

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/djmichaelhrebenak
What are you playing?
« Reply #116 on: August 13, 2006, 03:11:46 pm »
i agree totally
img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a39/msheresy/nnotld.gif[/img]

"Being more than an hour late for your first day of work is a fucking power move. Let them know right from the start how you roll."

megakevinexe

• View Profile
What are you playing?
« Reply #117 on: August 13, 2006, 04:01:43 pm »
Metal Gear Solid for PSX
img]http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/5310/bardockremakekg0.gif[/img]

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
What are you playing?
« Reply #118 on: August 13, 2006, 06:04:07 pm »
Quote from: "megakevinexe"
Metal Gear Solid for PSX

^NICE

Superyoshi

• Guidance System
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
What are you playing?
« Reply #119 on: August 13, 2006, 07:31:56 pm »
I just "beat" Fire Red.  Holy crap, this game just got more awesome than I thought.  There's a LOT more new stuff to do after beating Gary besides the Unknown Dungeon in the remake.