Author Topic: Recent decline of Megaman  (Read 34729 times)

Gemini Man

• View Profile
Recent decline of Megaman
« on: February 08, 2005, 05:47:51 pm »
I'm sure you have noticed that recent MM games have lost some of the things that made the original and X series so awesome.
1.MM games are hard, not stupidly annoying impossable for mortals hard.
2.Making sequals that are almost the same as the previous was SOOO much better with 8 bit and 16 bit.
3.MM Anniversary Collection A and B switched.
4.Did anyone want a MM Battle Network 4?
Gemini Man

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2005, 06:52:59 pm »
I agree. I liked the final boss in mm7, where you have 3-4 e-tanks to help in battle, yet Wily was very hard, but not impossibly hard. in rockman and Forte, they took away the e-tanks and suddenly it got unfairly hard. Even with save state, King was blazingly difficult. And then you had to fight his huge mecha form, and he's harder still! Despite all that, I like Rockman and Forte. Probably because it's a classic series game.

The mm X games were always so good. So many hidden things to find, so many upgrades, SO many things to blow up. That changed in the PSX conversion. Less enemies, less upgrades, less in a lot of things that made the snes X games good. (the anime cutscenes were a nice touch, though.)
I never even liked the EXE series. I bought the first one, and I didn't like it. The new anime is even worse! Gah! I don't like that series at all, and yet capcom is putting more and more emphasis on that than the X series.

I actually really like the Zero series. I like the harsh, loud rock-like music (even though I don't like rock) and all the different weapons. One thing I like is that it's hard, but not impossibly hard. You had full healers, different elements to take advantage of, and you learned new tricks as you progressed through the game. The only thing i didn't like was Zero's appearance. He used to look so cool, having that huge armor and wicked sword. He kept the sword, though it looks really thin, not like the original. Not only that, but he seems to have lost that sweet looking armor and now looks like he has anorexia. His hair also seems more sleek and longer, more feminine like. His old version had less emphasis on his hair, plus he had the look that said "What, I have a long ponytail? What're you gonna do about it?" I didn't like Zero 3 as much as the others. Too easy, I say. I beat it in days. The first two took me weeks to beat.

I'd have to say, Capcom should release a new classic game. NOT for the new Gamcube or PS2. Then they'll probably make it 3d, which will NOT be good in my book. Megaman Legends handles the 3d department of Megaman. (speaking of which, a new legends game would be nice.) I'd say, make the game on GBA first, then not release it on that system and make it for ps2/gc. That way, they keep the same elements and charm that the GBA retains in this age, yet still can sport the new 64-bit look.
That's just my opinion. I tend to be rather picky when it comes to new games.

Phew. My first rant on the protoman.com forums. I tend to write a few of these.

Pirate Cortez

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2005, 08:38:14 pm »
1: Dumb Mavericks. (Like Burn Rooster, Bamboo Pandamonium, and Optic Sunflora, I mean Sunflower)

2: The EXE series being hit by the Pokemon Syndrome. (Y'know, two versions)

Thats my 2 cents
eft.

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2005, 08:22:57 pm »
Too true, Sir Kibble.

Herb

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/djmichaelhrebenak
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2005, 09:18:45 pm »
The second I saw EXE and the very childish looking Megaman who starred in it, i immediatly disliked it
img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a39/msheresy/nnotld.gif[/img]

"Being more than an hour late for your first day of work is a fucking power move. Let them know right from the start how you roll."

Trigger

• View Profile
    • http://s11.invisionfree.com/Megaman_The_Legend/index.php?act=idx
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2005, 09:22:58 pm »
Quote from: "Herb"
The second I saw EXE and the very childish looking Megaman who starred in it, i immediatly disliked it

HA! Exactly....Over in Japan its taken alittle more seriously...but over here in america..Its been Americanized as many would call it.

Its a good series in the end....but I just don't like the EXE series...

But back onto the topic.

I think that making Zero have his own series was kinda dumb. Even though its good and blah blah blah...its ZERO!!!

....ZERO!?!?! YES ZERO!!! NO ZERO!! BAD BAD ZERO!!

DIE ZERO! DIEDIEDIE JUSTDIE ZELLLLLOOOOOO!!
url=http://s11.invisionfree.com/Megaman_The_Legend/index.php?act=idx] Come check it out! ;O[/url]
Skull says:
I'm just to damn 1337 for hell.

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2005, 12:01:19 am »
Zelo? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOL!

Hey, Trigger... Your avatar guy looks like the guy who rides a hover bike on megaman X2 in the intro and he get's blown up.

Well, It's mostly the music in the zero series that one me over. I haven't heard rock music in Megaman ever, and it swept me away. Plus I liked how you could finally level up and stuff.

Normally I'd go into a long winded rant, but I don't have the patience. I'm already thing of Descent on my dos computer, but now it's on the nice ladies in my social class. And..... It's staying on that. Yep, no change in thought. What's that? Oh, MY! What are they doing? Man, my brain can sure come up with stuff- Oh! Oh oh oh! Gigity gigity gigity!
Stop! Close thoughts!

That's better.

Trigger

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2005, 09:02:34 am »
Yes the man in my avatar happens to be a picture of The Green biker Dude (TGBD or just GBD) that someone drew in the "ZOMG MY CAEK!!!" flash.

And yes....

ZELLLLLLLOOOOOO!!!

Well...thats what sigma calls him in X6 when you fight him..

Quote from: "Sigma"
THA BADDLE HAZ JUSD BEGUNN!!
DIE DIE DIE JUSTDIE ZELLLLLOOOOO!!!!

Yes thats what he says...>>

The Zero series did have alot of good music. Which is why I like Zero 2...But still...ITS ZERO!! I don't see why Capcom would give him his own series...Its bad enough his fanbase has gotten him revived TWICE...but now he's got his own series saving the world...

When am I gonna see "Megaman X: The Green Biker Dude"?

ITS NOT FAIR!! T_T
url=http://s11.invisionfree.com/Megaman_The_Legend/index.php?act=idx] Come check it out! ;O[/url]
Skull says:

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2005, 06:08:45 pm »
I just got flash today. Maybe I'll make a game of it.

Trigger

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2005, 06:27:31 pm »
Quote from: "Swiftman"

Me and Wiraymi acually had a plan to make a game for TGBD....I don't remember what happened to that plan...>>

Well...enough of my random spammyness here...Wait...not yet...

More bad things about teh MM series recently...

They need to change it up abit. They've kept the same basic formula for the MMX games and Zero games since 1989...I myself liked MMX7 while many people didn't. I liked becuase it was alittle different. 3-D aspects of it ya know. But now its just basicly the same thing over, and over, and over again.

Its too repetitive to be much fun anymore.

As an added note:....It may be awhile before you really get the hang of Flash's action Script (I suck at actionscript). But good luck none the less.
Skull says:

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2005, 09:17:54 pm »
I have links to flash tutorials that are actually entertaining (They're made by the Super Flash Bros. They're quite famous on Newgrounds) I haven't checked them out but I plan to.

Lazlo Falconi

• Falconi?
    • View Profile
    • website
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2005, 03:08:23 am »
Sorry for reviving this almost month-old topic, but I have to say, the EXE series isn't that bad. Sure the story sucks, but what Mega Man game has had an extremely good story? It's enough to keep you interested (even though they are just little kids). The battle is where it's at. However, you should buy only one game, Battle Network 3. That's the first and only one I played, and it's fun.
Soon to be a major motion picture!

qualityretro.net

Swiftman

• Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2005, 09:49:18 am »
I've played battle network 3. Heck, I own it. I hate it. BN 2 was way better. (I love it when at the end Lan goes: "You can take your offer, and shove it!")

Lazlo Falconi! You harrass dial-up users! BRING IT! (though I'd like to switch to high speed, but due to my location, it's impossible.)

Superyoshi

• Guidance System
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://superyoshi.sheezyart.com
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2005, 02:30:56 pm »
Quote from: "Swiftman"

Don't expect to make anything remotley good until after a few months.  Believe me, I've had Flash over 2 years and I'm still learning new things every now and then.  Oh, and don't bother making a game now, as Actionscript is INSANELY hard [game-wise] when you first try it out.

Lazlo Falconi

• Falconi?
    • View Profile
    • website
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2005, 03:49:36 pm »
Eeh, 2 may be better, but 3's th only one I played. I only got it as a gift because before that I had no interest in the series. When I was asked if I'd like a Mega Man game I thought of the anniverary collection. I was wrong, but the game's not all too bad. It's different, to say the least.
Soon to be a major motion picture!

qualityretro.net